QuickStart™ KPI Consulting Services
Boost Your Implementation!
QuickStart™ KPI consulting services provide your team with the structure and discipline to develop the initial draft of your KPI system in about a week. Available online or in person and as a concentrated week or spread out over months, our expert consultants will help train and facilitate your team through the entire development phase of the MPRA framework.
Our consulting services are tailored to each client’s unique needs to help you:
- Develop meaningful KPIs
- Evaluate and improve existing KPIs
- Ensure objectives and KPIs are aligned with strategy or operational goals
- Design reports for data-driven decision making
KPI consulting services are designed to provide you with the confidence that your KPI, Dashboard, Balanced Scorecard, or Strategy Execution implementation will be a success. Our facilitation approach builds off the measurement elements of the Nine Steps to Success™ framework, which is a disciplined, practical, and tested approach to developing a performance management system. We adapt the framework to reflect the client’s unique needs and schedule, but training is always an integral part of the framework, as is change management, and problem solving. Emphasis is placed on “teaching clients to fish, not handing them a fish”, so the scorecard system can be sustained after our consultants leave. The measurements are developed by your team during a series of facilitated workshops that are designed to be high energy and focused on specific deliverables.
The QuickStart™ Program
The QuickStart™ program is a ten-session interactive experience designed to help get your team started with our Measure-Perform-Review-Adapt (MPRA) framework for a fixed price. Customized for each client, each session includes up to four hours of training or group facilitation designed to give you the confidence that your team is using the terminology correctly and implementing the system consistently in order to:
- Select and design performance measures that are far more meaningful than simple brainstorming or benchmarking can produce
- Get buy-in from staff and stakeholders to enthusiastically own performance measurement and improvement
- Bring measures to life in a consistent way, using the right data and with the right ownership
- Design insightful and actionable reports and dashboards that focus discussion on improvement
- Convincingly hit performance targets, and make measurement about transformation
Enable Your Team
Each session will include just-in-time training for each scorecard component so that busy leaders and managers can competently build useful strategy components without having to become certified KPI Professionals. All training content is derived from our Professional Certification programs, which were developed and are offered in partnership with The George Washington University Center for Excellence in Public Leadership.
Internal Champion Training
KPI Professional Certification training will be required for an internal champion(s) to arm them with the skills needed to assist with logistics, document outputs, and develop, refine, and maintain the system after the consultants are gone.
While customized for each client, all sessions will include a mix of training and facilitated exercises designed to encourage engaged dialog across your leadership team, building from the basic outline below.
Session One (Champions)
- Plan to Engage Leadership
- Establish Teams and Roles
- Agree on Process and Procedures
Session Two (Leadership)
- Discuss and Approve Roadmap
- Plan for Change Management
- Plan to Communicate “Why formally measure performance?”
Session Three (KPI Development Group)
- Introduction to KPIs and Performance Management
- Strategic Context
- Define and Document Strategic Objectives
- Describe Intended Results
- Understand Alternative Measures
- Understand Alternative Measures, Continued
- Select the Right Measures
- Define and Document Performance Measures
- Plan for Performance Review
- Performance Measure System Rollout and Communications Planning
About Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Peter Drucker famously said, “What gets measured gets done.” Measurement is an essential management tool, as it helps us determine if our work is making an impact, demonstrate value, manage resources, and focus improvement efforts. Of all the measures we collect, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are those that indicate progress toward a key desired result. KPIs provide a focus for strategic and operational improvement, create an analytical basis for decision making and help focus attention on what matters most. Managing with KPIs often means working to improve performance using leading indicators, which are precursors of future success, that will later drive desired impacts indicated with lagging measures.
Need help with KPI implementation?
“This is one of the best professional courses I’ve taken in my career. I will be able to apply the learnings immediately when I return to the office.”
“Finally, a comprehensive approach that makes sense and ties all of our tools together”
The Institute Way
Get free Strategic Planning, Balanced Scorecard, KPI, & OKR related content straight to your inbox!