Strategic Management Series – Dimensions of Strategic Management
A series of in-depth webinars focusing on the 8 different dimensions of Strategic Management Maturity.
Our past webinar, “What is your “Strategic Management Maturity?”, explained the various dimensions of strategic management and why they are important to your organization. Another webinar, Techniques for Strategic Thinking and Planning, explored techniques for Strategic Thinking and Planning and how incorporating these techniques into the strategy will create an organization that is future ready.
This webinar will delve deep into one of the dimensions – Alignment.
Recorded 12/15/2020 – Replay Below
Creating Strategic Alignment
When organizational structures, processes and systems support the larger strategy of your organization, you have achieved strategic alignment. You also need to ensure all employees understand what the organization is trying to accomplish, make decisions based on that strategy, and align department and individual goals with the higher-level goals. This alignment is created when high-level strategy is cascaded first to business and support units, then to individual employees. This approach helps create an organization that is high-performing, agile, and growth-oriented.
For most organizations, striving for strategic alignment is a no-brainer. But actually, implementing it across an organization is challenging. And most organizations are not doing it effectively.
Does your organization exhibit these strategy management challenges?
- An organization-wide strategy exists BUT – That strategy has not been effectively cascaded to the lines of business, departments, and individuals
- Employees don’t understand where they fit into the organization strategy – They overhear executives talk about the organization strategy, but there is no direct communication about how individuals should align with it
- Too many disparate project initiatives – There is ambiguity about if and where these initiatives fit on a strategic level for the organization strategy and department operations
- Strategy communications are ineffective or nonexistent – Following the development of the initial organization-wide strategy, rumors abound that it might be expanding or fading away entirely. The question becomes: “Is the strategy real? If so, how am I as an individual contributor or my team supposed to execute on it?”
If the challenges sound familiar, join Balanced Scorecard Institute’s Vice President of Engagement/Delivery and Sr. Consultant Joe DeCarlo for a 1-hour webinar to drill into the Strategy Alignment uncovering:
- Why alignment is required?
- When to align the strategy?
- How to conduct the alignment?
- How to measure the success of the strategy alignment?
- What benefits will be derived from alignment?
Where Do You Stand Against Other High-performing Organizations?
If you are interested in learning what your organization’s maturity level is then take our free Interactive Assessment. You can evaluate your organization by scoring the level of performance on each of the five levels of strategic management maturity.
Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest information about our next webinar!